So you think your 1 year old cannot dial 911 - what are the odds, right? The adventures of "Mr. Mischief" continue and his feats become more daring each time.
Last night Evan was going through a major fuss session. Nothing would make him happy. He was just walking around crying and rolling on the floor. He didn't want to be held yet he didn't want to be put down. He just wanted to cry.
After several minutes of crying he found the cordless telephone. A sudden hush falls over our house and all is well in the world (if even for just a few minutes!). He thought the blue numbers were pretty as they lit up and he liked the fun sound it made. He was soon babbling to the phone with a smile and walking around with the phone happily punching numbers.
My sister who was over warned me to be careful as he might dial 911. I told her I doubt that he would push that sequence and I didn't care if he dialed long distance by accident because we have Vonage and it's free. Bottom line for me was that he had finally quit screaming for the moment and as long as I was watching him what could really happen? I could hear through the phone from where I was and it just sounded like an operator telling him to "check the number and dial again." He liked the recorded lady talking to him, right. Dumb, dumb Mommy!
I reset the dial tone periodically as he was walking around and within a few minutes the phone rings.
"This is 911 dispatch - Is everything okay? Someone just called from this number?"
"Oh, yes. I am sooooo sorry! My 1 year old was playing with the phone and must have somehow dialed it. I am so sorry!"
"That is fine, Maam. However, we are required to send a dispatch officer for anyone who dials 911 just to make sure everything is alright. Just tell them your child was playing with the phone."
"Okay. Again, I am so sorry - GULP."
I then went and got dressed back from out of my pajamas so I wouldn't look like something out of "COPS" when the officer came to the door. I then prepared Hayden who was very excited about the policeman coming for a visit. My sister was obviously amused with this little situation that I had allowed to transpire.
The officer came about 30 minutes later after a much anticipated wait. I opened the door with Evan in my arms and I pointed to him saying, "He did it." Evan got away with warning and fortunately was not handcuffed and taken away in the back of the police car.
Mommy is so proud that she assisted her son in his first involvement with "the authorities."
So embarrassing!
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
"Mr. Mischief" Dispatches 911 ....
Posted by
Colleen
at
11:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment