Friday, November 16, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday "Little E"!


So Evan turned 1 this past Wednesday and he is officially walking as of this week! I cannot believe it has already been a year. It breaks my heart a little knowing my baby boy is growing into a toddler. He is such an incredibly adventurous and happy little man.

He loved his first taste of birthday cake so much! I seriously thought he was going to eat the entire thing as he kept grabbing for the delicious cake and icing and smashing it into his mouth like he would never eat again. He cried when we finally had to take the cake away. He looked like he was eating himself into a sugar shock and we really wanted to avoid the birthday cake coming back up if you know what I mean. It was too cute.

As a side note, our little man does not like to sit in high chairs these days either. Fortunately he was wearing overalls and Steve had the genius idea to thread the strap through the middle of his overalls so he could not make his usual escape. I wish I had gotten a good photo of that! Evan fussed for a while but finally surrendered to the fact that he wasn't going to get out of that chair no matter how hard he tried. Once we had the cake in front of him he no longer cared about getting out of the chair anyway so it all worked out.

Oh how we love our "Little E"!

0 comments: