Thursday, October 25, 2007

Visit to the Neighborhood Pond - Oops- 5 Weeks Old!


I must initially excuse this posting as it is only 5 weeks late (taken the second week of September). I took these pics as part of a photography class I was taking at the community college. I learned a lot of fantastic things....

1) my camera can do much more when it is not set on Auto :=)
2) I have a lot to learn about manual settings and photography in general
3) I had no idea that photography was so technical
4) I am inspired to want to be a better photographer
5) in looking at my pictures I can learn more about me - never would have thought!


Anyhow, these were actually taken over a couple of nights. The first night with Hayden wearing the baseball cap backwards feeding the ducks was a special just Mommy and son date! He got to feed almost an entire loaf of bread to a very eager crowd as you can see. I was a bit nervous that they might frighten him as close as they got but he was not scared at all. He was a bit surprised when one got close enough to grab an entire piece of bread out of his hand but all was well. ( DISCLAIMER- No ducks or children were injured in the "filming" of this production - ha)
Hayden was such a cooperative boy in letting me take my photo shoot of him though you can tell from the pics he was not all that excited but complied with my requests. I totally understood. Why pose for photos when there are hungry ducks to feed??!
This little outing was also very special to me as one of my favorite outings growing up was going to the lake with my Mom to feed the ducks.
The pics of Evan were from the second night. As you can see he was just busy staring off at the ducks in the distance and taking in the scenery. Mommy had a hard time getting his attention but at least I got some pics of those very kissable cheeks of his.

0 comments: