Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mr. Mischief!!

So I have decided to change Evan's temporary nickname from Mr. Crinkle Nose to Mr. Mischief! (For explanation on "Mr. Crinkle Nose" you will need to look back to prior blog posting August 27th).
Anyhow, I cannot believe the feats this little boy can achieve.
The first sign he was a climber was when he climbed into his own exersaucer. I have never seen or known any infant to do this.
Whenever I am holding him on my hip these days he hoists his little feet up to my hip bone like I am a tree or something and tries to stand up on my hip so his head is level with mine. It is not comfortable for Mommy but most entertaining for him. He gets a better view. When I hold him against my chest he tries to climb over my shoulders and enjoys hanging over my back. I am not sure where he thinks he is going to go when he gets there but enjoys it none the less...
He learned already that chairs are things you can use to get on top of things. He can climb from Hayden's little chair, to the table against the kitchen island, to the island within seconds. Needless to say, Hayden's chair is no longer on the kitchen floor after meal time. It goes on top of the counter. If you happen to stop by my house without notice soon you will notice I often have things like chairs on top of my cabinets and tables now. We now have also pretty much blocked off the kitchen. You would think you could let him crawl around for a bit while preparing a bottle or something but where there is a will there is a way for my little boy.
He can climb and stand on window seals. (Don't worry - we keep windows closed and locked!) He can only reach the ones close to the ground on the first floor anyway.
We went to check on him in the nursery on Sunday to be told that he somehow managed to escape the bungie bouncer chair. They are not sure if he jumped or climbed but fortunately managed to make it to the ground safely.
I took the boys to Target yesterday. I had not turned my back for 15 seconds and "E" managed to stick his feet up back through the leg holes in the front infant seat of the cart, twist himself around in the seat belt, and was standing up facing the back of the cart by the time I turned around! Thank goodness I got him before he went overboard.
He also now uses Hayden as a "walker". I am hoping to get some footage of this soon. He stands up and grabs onto Hayden's clothes from behind and when Hayden starts walking, Evan is walking too. Evan squeals with delight and Hayden is equally amused that he can provide such walking assistance to his little brother. I have to remind Hayden to walk slow as little Evan is still learning. I have to keep them on the carpet as there is an inevitable tumble eventually. This just started yesterday. I probably am going to need to put a stop to it soon but it is precious beyond measure to watch as long as I am near by for "accident prevention."
I have to keep a close watch on this little man. He needs extra safety prayer these days too.

1 comments:

Rachel H said...

Hilarious! I can't believe your littlest man!