Monday, December 15, 2008

Half Marathon!!!


So yes I look really scary here but this was one happy girl to finish a half marathon at 2 hr 32 minutes. (This included a 5 minute wait during the race for a port o potty which I am bummed about having to stop for but my bladder was not going to stand for it any longer!) That was a good lesson learned for pre-race water consumption for my next half marathon.

Anyhow, the weather was perfect and the path was beautiful. The energy was fantastic and the support of people all along the Dallas streets was so encouraging. It really was a lot of fun. I am eager to do it again next year!!

It was awesome to see all my boys waiting for me at the finish line. Daddy braved taking them by himself on the train with a double stroller and all down in that crazy crowd to watch me finish. It was by far the best site I had seen all day! We went for a late breakfast afterwards and I gladly finished without guilt a delicious stack of pumpkin pancakes - YUM!!

As part of my goal, I was fundraising for my friend Kristin's Angel Twins, Cathryn and Corynne. You can still contribute to my campaign and your donation is tax deductible at Colleen's Run for the Angel Twins.

This was for you, sweet angels!

2 comments:

Rachel H said...

Way to go, Colleen! I am so proud of you! You look GREAT, by the way. I would be prostrate on the sidewalk after doing what you just did.

Anonymous said...

Yaaay Colleen! I thought about you on Sunday and am glad it went well! Congrats on a huge accomplishment!