
I am excited that while Hayden has known his letters for a while, he has finally developed the interest in wanting to learn to read. It is great how he picks up books, any book and wants me just to sit and "read the words" as he says. He likes to point out the letters and make the associated sound. Sometimes he instructs me on how he wants to read. Sometimes he wants me to say the letter and he makes the sound or vice versa.
I got a little too excited the other day when I thought he read Starbucks but quickly realized children are pretty darn good with identifying logos :-)
That book pictured on his head, TouchPoints of Hope, was one that he wanted me to read him the other day. Thinking that he would quickly tire of a book without pictures I was surprised to find after several minutes of reading page after page as he sat next to me on the couch he did not lose interest. I stopped after a chapter and he told me to "keep reading, Mom." It was great for Mommy too because the chapters I was reading just happened to be things that Mommy needed to nurture her soul that day.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
My Little Bookworm
Posted by
Colleen
at
10:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment