Thursday, December 20, 2007

Our First Gingerbread House

Hayden and I had some Mommy and son craft time while Evan was taking a nap yesterday. We put together our very first Gingerbread House! Those kits you can buy in the store are great. I really must preface this by indicating there is no way I made this thing from scratch! However, I highly recommend having your own icing piping kits because squeezing the icing out of the provided plastic bag was quite a mess. Hayden of course did not mind the mess one bit. He kept calling the icing glue because he could not fathom how icing was able to hold together the magnificent construction of this wonderful little house. He finally believed me when he ask me why I was eating the glue off my fingers and I convinced him to try it.



Just getting started with the trim...

Hayden in the midst of our decorating blurted "Run, Run - as fast you as can - you can't catch me - I'm the Gingerbread Man!"




A little Gingerbread Man decor


Coming along nicely


So proud of my Gingerbread House!

0 comments: