Friday, August 28, 2009

Hayden's First Day of Kindergarten


How have the almost past 6 years gone by already? Is it really time for Kindergarten?!!
Hayden was so proud and eager for the day. I, on the other hand, shed many
tears the night before. What a glutton for punishment was I to start
looking at old videos from when he was a baby the night before his first day?!
This post includes a tiny bit of memory lane...

From Hayden first day of preschool - Fall 2005

What a beautiful, sweet son we have in Hayden.
August 2009


He was so excited to sport his brand new Stars Wars lunch box
Aunt La La bought him.

Evan helps Hayden proudly display his brand new Star Wars lunchbox.

Hayden and I in Malibu in Summer 2005...

Me and my favorite kindergartner now.

We all drove together and walked Hayden into the school.
My eyes stayed dry. I think I had gotten it all out of my system...almost. Tears didn't start flowing again until later that day when I was driving with my sister and she asked me to sing the Fred the Turtle song to Evan. That song was my favorite from the first "Mommy and Me" music class I took Hayden to when he was just over a year old.

Hayden and Steve in Laguna Beach, June 2006.

Love, love pics of Steve and Hayden holding hands.
melt.my.heart
I am so happy to know he can always count on his Daddy.
That has never changed a moment the past 6 years
and I know it never will.

I'm okay, Mom, see. You can go.
I am pretty sure that is what he was thinking.
So there we are - on to the next season
of his precious life.
I don't want to forget a single moment of his joy.

0 comments: